We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant who will be supporting the owner/attorney of the company. This individual will assist the attorney by reviewing files to obtain information needed to prepare complete and accurate legal documents in a timely manner. This individual will communicate with clients and notary regarding scheduling and preparing for upcoming meetings. This individual will be responsible for writing correspondence and recording Deeds. Our candidate will need to be a problem solver and confident in their ability to work independently.
Your duties will include:
· Accurately preparing legal documents
· Prioritizing tasks and assignments
· Providing support to clients who have retained our firm
· Ensuring client information is entered accurately and completely into our system
· Obtaining, reviewing and updating client information as needed
· Keeping accurate records of transactions and communications
· Communicating with clients by telephone and by email
· Providing excellent customer service
· Maintaining a knowledge base of our services
* Please be advised that your job duties need to be performed in the business owner’s home office and involves stairs and exposure to a cat.
· BA preferred, but not required
· Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred
· 6-8 months of business office experience required
· Proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel required
· Ability to troubleshoot computer and printer issues required
· Excellent customer service skills required
· Effective written skills and clear verbal communication skills
· Critical thinker
· Strong attention to detail
· A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
· Desire for professional growth
Additional Documentation Required:
· Employment Application (Click HERE to download)
· School transcripts (unofficial copy is acceptable)
· Writing sample
Submit Resumé and additional documentation to Swinstead@WinsteadLaw.net.
Salary depends on experience.
Job open until filled.
This is NOT a Summer/Seasonal Position.